Soaring to Success
"Whaia ou huarahi ki te mana"
We believe in developing a caring, co-operative environment, with respect for children, teachers and parents.
- our school will be an open, welcoming and friendly place for children, staff, parents and the community
- in setting high expectations in all aspects of school life and we continually do this by self review
- all children should experience success and have their efforts and achievements celebrated
- all children should feel safe, able to take risks and have their contributions valued
- in providing opportunities for all children to take increasing responsibility for their learning
- all children are encouraged to take pride and ownership of their surroundings
Our programmes include:
- Reading Recovery
- Rainbow Reading
- Cross Country
- Kapa Haka with Whaea Della
- Cluster School Programmes
With extra special events like:
- Clifton School Senior Athletics - Term 1 2013
- Clifton School Swimming Sports - Term 1 2013
- 2012 Prize Giving - Term 4 2012
- Big Day Out - Term 4 2012
- Show Day 2012 - Term 4 2012
- Big Day In - Term 2 2012
Education Review Office | ERO
ERO reviews schools and early childhood education services, and publishes national reports on current education practice.
To view our ERO report, please click here.
Ministry of Education | National Standards
National Standards in reading, writing and mathematics provide signposts that give teachers, children, parents, families and whanau a clear idea of where children are at in their learning and what they have to do next.
To read more, please click here.
Ministry of Education | New Zealand Maths
NZ Math's has a great website full of valuable tools for parents when helping your child with maths. To visit their website, click here.